Level39 member Domineum Blockchain Solution partners with African Achievers Awards to Host ‘Africa Unite against COVID-19’ Conference
20th April 2020
Level39 member, Domineum, partners with African Achievers Awards and Africans Rising to host ‘Africa Unite against COVID-19’ conference in an effort to find Africa-led solutions to the ravaging Coronavirus pandemic.
Africa Unite against COVID-19 is a virtual conference organised to facilitate discussions on Policy, Economy, Community action and Interregional Cooperation among key experts, with the aim of looking within Africa to develop solutions that will help successfully end the pandemic in Africa.
The Speakers at Africa Unite against COVID-19 conference include:
● Justice Ishaq Usman Bello -Chief Judge, FCT High Court, Nigeria
● Cellou Dalein Diall -Guinean economist and former Prime Minister of Guinea
● Paul Alaje -Senior Economist, SPM Professionals
● Hon. Joseph F. Kamara -Former Attorney General & Minister for Justice Sierra Leone
● Ms. Heather Mudhari -Hon. Consul/ Trade & travel Executive The Republic of Zimbabwe
● Dr. Alyster Soyode -Founder BEN TV London
● Senator Rose Nyamunga -Chairperson Senate Committee on Health, Kenya
● Dr. Ayobami Olufadeji -MD Emergency Physician and Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School
● Dr. Vera Songwe -Head of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
● Beldina Auma -President SCIP International & former Chairperson World Bank-African Society
● Dr. Tunji John Asaolu -Nigerian Representative African Union Economic, Social and Cultural Council (AU-ECOSOCC)
● Elsie Appau Klu -Ghanaian Lawyer
● Grace Jibril -HR Director for The Anne Arundel County Department of Health State of Maryland, USA
On their partnership, Geoffrey Weli-Wosu, CEO and Founder of Domineum, said: “We are excited by this partnership and happy with the contributions/commitments from all stakeholders to develop world-class solutions made by Africans to successfully end the COVID-19 pandemic in our continent. Domineum Blockchain Solution aims to disrupt several sectors in the emerging African markets, and leap-frog the current infrastructure with distributed ledger technology (blockchain).”
According to CEO of African Achievers Awards, Dr. Tonye Rex Idaminabo, “the conference is in response to the advice given by the World Health Organization (W.H.O.) for Africa to scale up its response to COVID-19”.
The conference is aimed to raise more awareness of the novel virus and its effects to create a blueprint for African leaders to act on. As part of getting influential leaders involved in the fight, the Virtual Conference will also have African leaders committing to shielding the continent from future pandemics and to have a comprehensive African response to the ongoing pandemic.
Domineum Blockchain Solutions is a Distributed Ledger Technology Company providing Blockchain-as -a service solution. It was established to assist Governments and Companies integrate Blockchain into their operations. The company’s Head Quarters is situated in Level39 London, UK, while its research and development (R&D) unit is located in San Francisco, USA, and the technology resource centre in Tallinn, Estonia. Domineum currently has operational base in Nigeria and Sierra Leone
Domineum Blockchain Solution Ltd
Level39, One Canada Square,
Canary Wharf, London. E14 5AB.UK