Level39 Supports the Tech Zero Taskforce
14th June 2021
Level39, as part of Canary Wharf Group, is dedicated to advocating sustainability throughout our organisation. Canary Wharf Group has a vision to transform urban spaces into extraordinary environments; creating sustainable places by improving energy efficiency and reducing carbon emissions to combat climate change.
Canary Wharf Group was the first real estate business to join The Climate Pledge, a commitment founded by Amazon and Global Optimism to reach net zero by 2040 at the latest – a decade ahead of the Paris Agreement’s goal of 2050. As part of the commitment, Canary Wharf Group launched its Net Zero Pathway, setting out tangible steps to improve energy efficiency and reduce emissions, to achieve net zero carbon by 2030.
As a community of around 200 startup and scaleup tech businesses located in the heart of Canary Wharf, Level39 are proud to partner with Tech Zero, a group of innovative UK tech companies, working together to fight the climate crisis, accelerate progress to net zero and help consumers make greener choices and live more sustainably.
Tech Zero are calling on 1,000 companies to join us in committing to make a robust climate action plan, prior to Cop26 in November. To tackle the climate crisis, we need thousands of companies to work together to progress faster.
By joining Tech Zero you will be part of a community of businesses working towards a greener future. The Tech Zero commitments are ambitious but achievable and show your commitment to tackling the climate crisis.
Companies who join Tech Zero commit to measure their scope 1-3 emissions and set an ambitious net zero target by the end of 2021. They also commit to:
- Publish more details about how they plan to reach net zero by the end of 2021, or within a year of joining Tech Zero, including setting a net zero target date, and an interim target(s).
- Appoint a member of the executive team to be responsible and accountable for their net zero target.
- Communicate climate commitments in other meaningful ways, including to customers.
- Report progress on short and medium term targets to their Board annually, and on their website.
- Once you’ve joined, publish the Tech Zero commitments on your website. If you already have a net zero target, add it in.
Companies with less than 250 employees commit to halving their emissions by 2030, reaching net zero by 2050, and reporting on progress every year, in line with the SME Climate Hub.
As a member of Tech Zero, you will have access to exclusive events with climate experts and leading companies who are well on the way to net zero, as well as the most exciting green tech startups who can help you measure and reduce your emissions using the latest technology.
Join the movement – find out more, read the commitments and sign up today: https://techzero.technation.io/