Equinor is an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy around the world, building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Equinor is the largest operator in Norway, among the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
- Cargo number 1000 was celebrated yesterday at the Hammerfest LNG plant on Melkøya, “the Snøhvit plant”. Total sales value of all the LNG cargos since the field came on stream in 2007 is in the range of NOK 130-150 billion. In addition we have the value of LPG and condensate. ⚓️,
- We give the green light to a new pioneering project. Thanks to floating offshore wind technology Snorre and Gullfaks will be the first platforms ever powered by a floating offshore wind farm. Hywind Tampen will reduce CO2 equivalent to the annual emissions from 100,000 cars.,
- #JohanSverdrup, the largest field development in Norway since the 1980s, is now in production Together with our partners, suppliers and thousands of skilled experts we’ve developed a world-class field that will produce with record-low emissions per barrel. Congratulations!,
- «The Gathering» for underwater #drones at Tau, 2 and 3 October 2019, showed the state-of-the-art technology. We awarded the first contract on wireless, autonomous underwater drones in the industry to Saipem. ,
- We are doing a lot to reduce our own emissions, but the world is also completely dependent on nature to reach the climate targets That’s why we want to invest in the protection of rainforests. #ClimateWeekNYC,