OpenCorporates is by far the largest open database of companies in the world, with over 137 million companies in 125 jurisdictions.
We are regularly used by journalists, anti-corruption investigators, civil society, as well as banks, financial institutions, business information aggregators and governments. In 2015, OpenCorporates was awarded the Open Data Business Award by the Open Data Institute.
- "Around the world, we’re seeing the pillars of a strong society come under sustained attack. Luminate is here to support those tackling these critical challenges." Read more from @LuminateGroup CEO @stephenk01: https://t.co/u6tyqzLKUZ https://t.co/VMm45WM7a3,
- Brilliant thread from @ProPublicaIL on Freedom of Information. We'd like to add another key blocker - the Illinois company register is excluded from the Freedom of Information Act. Want to help us open it up? Get in touch! https://t.co/4YChNUO3Zk,
- "While surfacing this data alone won’t save Patisserie Valerie... enabling better understanding of what companies do is essential. We’re currently working on Corporate Events, which will track the major events in a company’s lifespan" #PatisserieValerie https://t.co/Phje9V0qkm,
- Odd that the directors of #PatisserieValerie only discovered yesterday that there was a winding up petition against their trading company. @OpenCorporates has had that information since October 5, nearly a week earlier! https://t.co/FmiZZTC7G0 https://t.co/HNTg7PLE70,
- This summer, @beisgovuk authored a draft bill to create a register of beneficial owners of overseas entities that own land in the UK. As part of our work advocating for more open company data, OpenCorporates responded. https://t.co/zxHTNrG6cS,