The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
- Delighted to invite you to talk by @gregzuckerman on his book about Jim Simons The Man Who Solved The #markets #trading: https://t.co/0a4L8XldhT https://t.co/RfIEEM2Ze4
- RT @Reza_Zadeh: Visualizing MNIST classification. Neat. https://t.co/AavepP22Ty https://t.co/gUArKRi2J2
- RT @QuantsHub: Join The Machine Learning Institute Certificate in Finance (MLI) a comprehensive six-month part-time course, with weekly live lectures in London or globally online. Start Date: Tuesday 21st April 2020. Super Early Bird: 30% until 10th January 2020 https://t.co/KkTDNjcRHq https://t.co/1gT8qXUXTX,
- RT @IFI_Financial: Listen to Greg Zuckerman, author of 'The Man Who Solved the Market' and find out how Jim Simons launched the Quant revolution. More info and tickets available at: https://t.co/DhwSmyeWYw @GZuckerman @thalesians #EPFR #quants #quantitativefinance https://t.co/DVuHjcAaK5,
- RT @cuemacro: "The music of the markets" explaining the bias-variance tradeoff, when modelling a trading strategy https://t.co/ROpg6hvjMe https://t.co/b4YVcM5X3g,