The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
- RT @TranspireMe: Coming from high -frequency finance and #cryptocurrency prices prediction, @thalesians is now joining #Transhumanist movement and sharing their perspective on the future of high-frequency medicine. Worth checking out! https://t.co/p6NlPRKqjd,
- Check out my latest article: What is Data Science? https://t.co/HuV86wGCXY via @LinkedIn,
- Great to see a new book on #MachineLearning by Paul @wilmott: https://t.co/ZVl1MzNqax,
- Last chance to sign up for "Algorithmic Human Development" by Abbas Edalat, renowned Computer Science and Mathematics lecturer, Imperial College London. 17th July, 6.30pm, Canary Wharf @saeedamenfx @innovatorlondon @MarriottCW #Ai #mathematics #humanity https://t.co/tmLqmL7YAE,
- RT @Ronald_vanLoon: #AI can now predict images from Instagram via @wef | #ArtificialIntelligence #SocialMedia #BigData #MachineLearning #DeepLearning #InternetofThings #IoT #Innovation #Technolgy #DigitalTransformation #Digital #Video #RT https://t.co/h49lqVCZcc https://t.co/ej9GIMQaUh,