The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
- RT @BorisJohnson: On the death of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. https://t.co/rZlbY1matF
- RT @saeedamenfx: looking forward to Masaaki Fukasawa @thalesians webinar on "Volatility has to be rough" at 1330 EDT today! Free sign up at https://t.co/1Tzdm7nolH,
- RT @bilokon: I'm discussing “Piotr Karasinski: Random Walk from Physics to Finance” with @LeytmanAlex. Today, 31 Mar at 6:30 pm BST on @joinclubhouse. Join us! https://t.co/IQqRstKkV5,
- RT @krayun: I'm discussing “🔴 Machine Learning for Finance” with @LeytmanAlex, Alex Akopian, @bilokon, Mikhail Soloveitchik and The Quant Club. Tuesday, 6 Apr at 6:00 pm BST on @joinclubhouse. Join us! https://t.co/7b5bsE2csV,
- RT @saeedamenfx: best known for the Black-Karisinski model, Piotr Karisinski will be giving a @thalesians autobiographical webinar “Random Walk from Physics to Finance” at 1330 EDT on Wed 31 Mar. Free sign-up https://t.co/k3fGosXBZe - really looking forward to it!,