The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
- RT @Level39CW: Level39 member @TransferGo is looking for a Copywriter to join their team. Apply here now: https://t.co/xr4JiJflH3,
- RT @Level39CW: Level39 member @Yodlee are looking for a Regional Sales Manager. Apply here now: https://t.co/OcwCFSt8ot,
- RT @Level39CW: Level39 member @TainaTechnology has been selected as one of the top 10 #businesses to pitch at the Mayor of London’s TechInvest Women in Tech: https://t.co/jqEPXIybWz,
- RT @ArturSepp: In advanced economies, equity-bond correlation, which was positive until the end of 1990s, changed sign at the turn of the century; since late 1990s stock and bond prices have been moving in opposite directions: a global phenomenon @longboardfunds https://t.co/2kjI8EY3iR,
- RT @cuemacro: "How to reduce transaction costs when trading FX" Black Friday sales, coats, FX and my Python based FX TCA library..! https://t.co/qODi8SfYfk https://t.co/UQQiYtQcWA,