The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
- RT @graphcoreai: Don't miss this new webinar for #quants! AI experts will discuss how #finance firms can use models of greater complexity and iterate faster with @graphcoreai IPUs. Sign up here ➡️✍️ https://t.co/qKKuIiUsma @bostonlimited @thalesians #quantitativefinance #banking #algotrading #AI https://t.co/xSuXbNroIg,
- RT @QuantsHub: In March we are offering a new global online conference: The Quantitative Finance Conference Spring Edition. 7 days of the latest quantitative finance topics from 22nd to 30th March 2021. 30% Super Early Bird Discount until Friday 22nd January 2021 https://t.co/QJmejPEjA4,
- RT @saeedamenfx: looking forward to @JoPapenbrock @nvidia @thalesians webinar at 1330 ET tomorrow on "Explainable, accelerated machine intelligence in financial services". Free sign up at https://t.co/IpYsG4HFbq,
- RT @MLudkovski: Very interesting talk today by Yoshihiro Tawada (MUFJ) at the @thalesians seminar on hedging via Deep Gaussian Process models. The authors propose to use piecewise linear kernels for efficient training.,
- Join #finance #mathematics & #engineering #student #programming #competition orged by @SIAM @mfrdixon sponsored by @MathWorksAI https://t.co/1WVGJ7UD6O #quantitativeresearch #quants #quantitativefinance #quantitativeinvesting #quantitativeanalysis #quantitativeanalysis #quant,