The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
Latest Tweets from @thalesians
- In particular, @kxsystems is a subsidiary of FD Technologies plc. KX Systems, Inc., are the authors of #kdb, the world’s fastest #timeseries #database on-prem, in the #cloud, or at the edge. This technology empowers clients to build high-performance data-driven #ai and #ml apps,
- Our condolences to the @RoyalFamily, our country and the world on the passing of a great monarch https://t.co/bUtCSuMfvm
- RT @bilokon: It’s a pleasure to welcome David Foster of @davidADSP at #level39 @Level39CW. David is a leading expert on #generative #ml #ArtificialIntelligence and a member of the @MLIcert faculty teaching generative methods to our students. https://t.co/z6bylTiFG1,
- MLI Seminar: David Foster: DALL.E 2: Text-to-image generation https://t.co/rPGlj2U94L #Meetup via @Meetup,
- Adithya Sireesh of @imperialcollege is introducing #QuantumComputing at a @hudson_thames and @thalesians event at #level39 https://t.co/Zl2VBUslUa