The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
- We continue our series of videos on the mathematical foundations of #DataScience and #MachineLearning. Watch Dr @bilokon explain the foundations of #linearalgebra and #vectorspaces - the essential prerequisites: https://t.co/TMiPslBrrU,
- Don't forget to sign up for this great opportunity to meet, discuss and network with some of the best industry practitioners in AI and ML! 26th June, Marriott Canary Wharf, 6.30pm. https://t.co/L4NtAYCgDi,
- Intro to Natural Language Processing by @saeedamenfx 22nd May 2019 - 6.30pm More details and sign up at the link below: https://t.co/n9LYEkWYle,
- Don't miss the Intro to Natural Language Processing #NLP #naturallanguageprocessing talk by @saeedamenfx tomorrow 22nd May, 6.30pm at @MarriottCW Canary Wharf. Secure your seat @ £15 only! See you there! #quantfinance #AI #londonAI #MachineLearning #knowledgesharing,
- RT @ProfBrigo: Interview @QuantMinds on "What are the latest trends in quantitative finance?", I mostly discuss the impact of #machine_learning and #fintech on #quantitative_finance, and #interpretability in particular. https://t.co/89RJmJ9qJd,