The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
- RT @saeedamenfx: I’m presenting on The Book of Alternative Data, which I’m co-writing with Alex Denev, @TheQuantConf on Nov 1 in London! Register at https://t.co/b3gOQGrRnI,
- RT @fazlynn: Live update. It’s a roundtable session today at @Thalesians Talk - ‘Making Python Parallel with Large Datasets’. Speaker @saeedamenfx engaging with the audience at @MarriottCW https://t.co/puzJgyLays,
- RT @saeedamenfx: Looking forward to speaking later today on making Python faster! https://t.co/IGHvV3uDyL,
- 'Making Python Parallel with Large Datasets' - A few hours left to RSVP for this Artificial Intelligence Thalesians talk by industry pioneer Saeed Amen. Venue: Marriott Canary Wharf Time: 6.30pm Details at the link below: https://t.co/Cl5Asr0jP7,
- Wed, 25 Sept - Making Python Parallel with Large Datasets - 6.30pm. 4 seats left! Don't miss the opportunity to discuss with a pioneer and network with industry experts. #AI #ML #Python #Quant #Finance #LondonEvents #ThalesiansTalk Sign up at the link: https://t.co/Cl5Asr0jP7,