The Thalesians are a think tank of dedicated professionals with an interest in quantitative finance, economics, mathematics, physics and computer science, not necessarily in that order.
We run quant finance talks in New York, London, Budapest, Prague and Frankfurt. Underpinned by a decade of experience in markets at major financial institutions, we publish research, run workshops and also do bespoke projects on systematic trading. We have specific expertise in understanding how Big Data can be used to trade finanical markets. Our clients include RavenPack, a major news analytics vendor.
We have created the PyThalesians Python based financial analysis software library, which we have partially open sourced. PyThalesians provides the essential backbone for our quantitative analysis. We have also published our thoughts on markets in the new book, Trading Thalesians – What the ancient world can teach us about trading today (on Palgrave Macmillan).
- Great to see so many people at Jan Novotny's @thalesians talk on our book on #MachineLearning and #BigData in #kdb https://t.co/by0eUdthxP
- Today's Thalesians Talk featuring Jan Novotny, happening at Level39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, 7pm - 9pm. Sign up below, hope to see you there! #Level39 #ML #AI #ArtificalIntelligence #ThalesiansTalk #Algo #MachineLearning @saeedamenfx https://t.co/eDF7CO72qL,
- RT @thalesians: Join us for Jan Novotny's talk on #kdb, #machinelearning, and #bigdata in kdb+/q: https://t.co/JqcjoJnLFr https://t.co/DpGNk20ngk,
- A few weeks to the 'Machine Learning and Big Data with KDB+/Q' by Jan Novotny. The talk will be on the newly launched book by the speaker and Thalesians founder/CEO Paul Bilokon. #MachineLearning #AI #BigData #artificialintelligence #algo #londonevents https://t.co/eDF7CO72qL,
- Happy Birthday @saeedamenfx #level39 https://t.co/FsHwu1Wo7X