From humble beginnings we started out to change the world. To solve one of the greatest challenges of our time. To create a layer of trust in the internet that empowers us all to do more online, with ease, convenience and safety.
We’ve made a great start already by finding a way to use the best sources of trust, like banks, to prove peoples’ real identity online. Bank data has immense value, both as a source of identity as well for the information inherent within it. Both for the customers who own it and the businesses they want to share it with.
Through our consumer product,
DirectID is our business service, focusing on one time verifications with a frictionless user experience. It combines Bank Verified Identities and Live Financial transaction history with bureau and other data sources to help businesses increase conversions, reduce fraud and make more accurate decisions.
The miiCard Digital Passport is a persistent, consumer-centric identity that can be stored and accessed via web or mobile. Once a customer has created their miiCard, it can be easily used (just like a social login) to access a wide range of sites, prove identity and share personal information.
- If properly utilised, Open Banking could unlock up to £18billion a year for the British economy. #OpenBanking #Economy #UKEconomy https://t.co/cK3oFHGC9Q,
- With the launch of #PSD2 imminent, we thought it a ripe opportunity to reshare this piece for our audience. Everything you could want to know about #OpenBanking https://t.co/kZOOR90ugc #FinTech #BankData #API,
- Research from the independent consumer representatives of The Open Banking Implementation Entity shows that those in financial distress could make savings of £287 per year using Open Banking. #openbanking #savings https://t.co/2SyKfd5DpU,
- Applying for a mortgage can be exhausting, time consuming and stressful for first time buyers. In the very near future, consumers will have their mortgages approved in matter of minutes. #openbanking #mortgages #bankdata https://t.co/ZXrPJX7Kch,
- New technologies that were originally a little scary to consumers on introduction become commonplace, but once the consumer benefits are clear, wholesale adoption will take place - much like the rise of #contactlesspayments #convenience #openbanking https://t.co/AJetxZInCm,