Partner and Global Head of Tech Law – EY
Richard Goold specialises in international M&A and fundraising transactions – from buyouts through to growth capital and venture capital financing rounds.
Richard has particular expertise in cross-border corporate legal work – regularly working with US corporations and investors. He spends several weeks each year in the US with clients – particularly in the tech hubs.
Richard’s Tech meets Law blog can be found at: richardgoold.wordpress.com
Richard advises a wide range of companies within the Tech sector although he has a very significant amount of experience in FinTech, adTech, digital media, eHealth and enterprise software. He works with companies from start up phase through their entire life cycle.
PRIVATE EQUITY / VC DEALS
• Advising on various growth capital and venture investments for the likes of DFJ Esprit, Merrill Lynch, Balderton Capital and the Business Growth Fund.
• Advising 3i on more than 30 transactions (investments and disposals).
• Advising Battery Ventures on its cross-border acquisition of IHS. M&A
• Advising Liverail on its $500m sale to Facebook.
• Advising Buddy Media, Inc. on its $700m sale to salesforce.com and on its acquisition of Brighter Option.
• Advising ADP on several major transactions (including its cross-border acquisition of Kerridge and the takeover of OneClick HR plc)
• Advising Sterling Infosystems, Inc. on several cross-border acquisitions.
• Assisting many US corporations on the set up of their international operations. 2014: Wall Street Journal’s “FN Fintech 40”: named as one of the 40 leading innovators shaping the future of finance in Europe (see: http://bit.ly/1m5WQCb)
Richard’s interview on the London finTech podcast (Oct ’14): http://bit.ly/Zi3uBm 2012: Law Society award for international transactions