Meta Defence Labs Recognised as Assured Service Provider by UK National Cyber Security Centre
3rd August 2023
Meta Defence Labs Ltd, a leading Cyber Essentials PLUS Certification Body, is delighted to announce its distinction as an Assured Service Provider for the esteemed Cyber Advisor Scheme by the UK National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). With an impressive track record of nearly 8 years as a trusted Cyber Essentials Certification Body, this latest recognition reinforces Meta Defence Labs’ unwavering dedication to delivering cost effective and efficient cybersecurity solutions.
What is the Cyber Advisor scheme?
“The Cyber Advisor scheme gives you the confidence that your chosen service provider is offering cyber security advice to an NCSC approved standard.”
The Cyber Advisor Scheme, established by the NCSC, is delivered in partnership with The IASME Consortium. It provides organisations with reliable and cost-effective cyber security advice and practical support. The scheme makes sure that Cyber Advisors have passed an independent assessment. This assessment measured their: knowledge and understanding of the Cyber Essentials’ technical controls.
The scheme aims to provide organisations with access to trusted and knowledgeable cybersecurity experts who can offer invaluable advice and guidance in fortifying their digital infrastructure. The focus of that advice and support will be on the implementation of the technical controls set out in Cyber Essentials. This approach will improve the cyber security of organisations and reduce the likelihood of the most commonly experienced cyber attacks.
How does the Cyber Advisor scheme work?
The Cyber Advisor scheme gives organisations the confidence that their chosen service provider is offering cyber security advice to an NCSC approved standard.
“REPUTABLE EXPERT SUPPORT FOR ORGANISATIONS OF ALL SIZES”
Our Cyber Advisors have passed an independent assessment. This assessment measured their:
– knowledge and understanding of the Cyber Essentials’ technical controls
– competence in providing practical, hands-on support
– ability to understand and work with small and medium sized organisations.
Cyber Advisors will be expected to help organisations by:
- Conducting Cyber Essentials gap analysis to assess the organisations internet-facing IT, identifying where it fails to meet the Cyber Essentials controls.
- Developing reports on the status of the organisation’s Cyber Essentials controls for senior leadership, detailing the requirements that are met and those that are not, describing why controls are not met and the risks the organisation is exposed to, as well as the recommended actions to take.
- Working with the business to agree remediation activities.
- Planning remediation activities that align to the risk and business priorities.
- Implementing remediation activities – or guide technical teams to do so – sympathetically to operational activities.
- Developing and presenting post-engagement reports summarising the engagement and detailing any remediation work completed, pointing out any residual risk with recommendations for reducing those risks.
NCSC requirements are that all Advisors need to be part of an Assured Service Provider organisation to be able to carry out Advisor services.
Meta Defence Labs is an Assured Service provider
Meta Defence Labs has successfully met the stringent requirements and demonstrated the necessary expertise, professionalism, and dedication to become an Assured Service Provider for the Cyber Advisor Scheme. This recognition highlights our unwavering dedication to staying at the forefront of cybersecurity practices and our commitment to providing the highest level of service to our clients.
“All Assured Service Providers have to show they meet both security and quality requirements set out by the NCSC and IASME;
By holding one of these security certifications;
- UKAS-accredited ISO 27001 certification
- Audited IASME Cyber Assurance (Level 2) certification
They also need to hold one of these quality requirements:
- UKAS-accredited ISO 9001 certification
- IASME Quality Principles alongside an IASME Cyber Assurance (Level 2) certification
- QG Quality Fundamentals+ certification
An NCSC Assured Service Provider must also:
- Provide independently verified evidence that they have achieved and maintain Cyber Essentials
- Employ at least one individual who has passed the Cyber Advisor assessment
Expert Guidance and Support
Meta Defence Labs’ participation in the Cyber Advisor Scheme enables us to provide organisations with invaluable guidance and support throughout their cybersecurity journey. Our experts will assist in identifying potential risks, implementing best practices, and establishing a robust vulnerability management program to minimise the impact of any security incidents.
Moreover, as an Assured Service Provider, we have access to the latest threat intelligence and industry insights provided by the NCSC. This allows us to keep our clients updated on emerging cyber threats, trends, and mitigation strategies, empowering them to make informed decisions and stay one step ahead of malicious actors.
Becoming an Assured Service Provider for the Cyber Advisor Scheme of the National Cyber Security Centre is a significant milestone for Meta Defence Labs. This recognition reaffirms our position as a trusted leader in the cybersecurity industry and reinforces our commitment to delivering excellence in protecting our clients’ digital assets.
We are excited about the opportunity to work closely with organisations seeking to enhance their cyber resilience and navigate the complex landscape of cybersecurity. By leveraging our expertise and strategic guidance, Meta Defence Labs aims to empower businesses to thrive securely in the digital era.
Contact Meta Defence Labs today to learn more about our enhanced cybersecurity services and how we can help your organisation stay resilient in the face of evolving cyber threats. Together, we can build a more secure digital future.
NCSC Certified Cyber Advisor | Managing Director – Meta Defence Labs Ltd