Working From Home Tips
28th May 2020
- Bribe yourself: Reward yourself for good behaviour by doing something you really enjoy. Promise yourself that you can watch your favourite show or make a cup of coffee- but only once a particular task or project is completed
- Turn Off Your Socials: Just turn them off, you can get sucked into them for hours and you’ll lose track of time. Best to keep them for after work when you can really enjoy a good scroll through the latest memes
- Workout: It’s highly recommended to take plenty of breaks throughout the day but if you get in little work outs into these times it has been proven to boost productivity. Click Here for some home workouts from the World Health Organisation.
- Make A Schedule: If you are more productive in the morning set your more urgent tasks for the morning and then leave your easier time sensitive tasks for the afternoon or vice versa. Take advantage of when you are at your most productive.
Staying Sane While WFH and Isolation
- Reclaim Your Commuting Time: Take back your commuting time. This depends on where you live in relation to the office but some of us spend anything from 2 to 4 hours commuting daily. Take this time back and use it wisely. Take it as an opportunity to read that book you’ve been meaning to pick up. Use it to do those odd jobs around your house that have been put off. It’s up to you, use it wisely!
- ‘No-Go’ Zones: Laptops and mobile phones can be useful for staying in touch with co-works, but they can also leave us feeling as though we’re “always on”. This can lead to stress and burn out, make sure to take the time to switch off and dedicate time away from your devices.
- Commute To Your Home Office: Consider taking a short walk before starting your working day. Even a 10-minute stroll could energise you and can help in creating a break between home tasks and work.
- Close The Door: It may seem simple but if you live with other people or your family, it can be distracting leaving the door open where you can hear all that is going on. Close the door and stop the noise drifting in
- Know When to Stop: It can be easy to get wrapped up in your work and forget to stop especially when you are working from home. Make sure you know when to stop and enjoy your time in the evening for yourself